Saturday, May 14, 2016

Presentation ideas

Hey everyone! 

So I was wondering if you could hear a presentation by me about things that go on in my classes, what would you like to know more about?

Last year at the Foreign Language Association of Missouri (FLAM) conference, I presented on Classroom Management with PAT and also how I have used TPRS novels to plan my classes. (See post with presentation notes)

If you were going to the conference this next October, what would you like to hear me speak about?

Some ideas I had were:

  • Ideas for staying in the target language
  • Establishing meaning with movement
  • Learning about your students in the TL

Any other ideas that would be better?  I know I still have a LOT to learn, but I like to present just in case the little bit I know might be able to help others out there.

Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Jeremy, you are always wanting to help and you do! So much! Thanks for all you do (the videos, the grammar songs, the stories)I would like to hear more presenters talk about how to teach other content and kind of get away from stories in the second year of Spanish (or any other language). Thanks again!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion!

    I've only been teaching Spanish 1 the past year and I feel like I might be out of my element on that one!

    Hopefully someone picks up that topic so we can all be challenged! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Jordan, enhorabuena por tu trabajo a lo largo de los años.
    Soy también un profesor de español en un High School de Iowa, y a pesar de que este idioma es mi primera lengua (soy de España), me resulta imposible dirigirme a los estudiantes íntegramente en español por varias razones, sobre todo porque los estudiantes "desconectan" enseguida si lo hago porque no entienden, y pierden el interés en lo que digo en menos de cinco minutos.
    En el centro educativo donde trabajo, los estudiantes comienzan a aprender el idioma a la edad de 14 años cuando son Freshmen, y para aprender un idioma sería mucho mejor si empezasen a una edad mucho más temprana.
    Si yo fuera a escuchar una presentación tuya en Octubre, me encantaría escucharte oir hablar de las "estrategias para emplear la lengua meta" que mencionas ("Ideas for staying on the target language), porque es algo que me encantaría poder hacer con éxito.
    Hoy por hoy, utilizo el inglés demasiado, sobre todo para explicar conceptos de gramática.
    Muchas gracias por todo lo que has estado haciendo a lo largo de los años. Tus vídeos de YouTube son un recurso valiosísimo que muchos profesores hemos empleado sin siquiera agradecértelo, y mereces un enorme reconocimiento por tu labor y tu generosidad.
    Un saludo cordial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias por su comentario tan lindo! Tomaré en cuenta su consejo. :-)

      Delete
  4. Jeremy, I love your videos and I would like to make some of my own. I teach Spanish and French. How do you make these videos? I especially love the monkey series and I would love to make a series in French. I have no idea how to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thanks for your comment and for visiting my blog! If you want to email me at jeremy(at)senorjordan.com, it might be easier to talk you through it there!

      Thanks!

      Delete