Friday, October 15, 2010

Día 40 - Pumped up students

There are times when I feel like I am doing the best I can every day when pumping up students.  I try all week and there are times when their lack of energy just drains me completely.  It's so important to have them onboard with me telling silly stories.

I found that by the end of last week, my students were responding to my trying hard all week.  Usually on Monday we all start the same.  No one really wants to be back.  Well, few people do.  But I'm still required to teach them.  We do the weekend activity.  Sometimes it's dull even though I try to create parallel story lines that are funny and goofy.  But hey, as long as it's in the language, right?  And if it is comprehensible input.

So today was the finish of a hard week.  But the students did a great job telling stories today.  I feel excited after a few days of a bit of a lull and lack of enthusiasm.  It might be because I had strayed from the formula of storytelling.  But I try to give different activities so my class is never the same.

We'll see how the rest of the year continues to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment