The following is a reflection of the reading of the actual book as well as other activities that we did during the unit...
- many students enjoyed reading a book and commented on that in their reflections on the unit
- students did well (minus a few outliers) on the test that was IN Spanish about the book and things that happened
- utilized different learning styles to help the kids understand the novel
- powerpoints with animations of characters
- the Native / Heritage speakers read the chapters for us as narrators
- doing more activities to vary review of chapters
- it seemed like we were rushing through the book near the end which made some kids uncomfortable
- start doing book a little earlier
- realize that not everyone likes reading
- talking about the students and linking language to them and their lives
- having students guess details in story...
- teaching the novel using reading strategies