Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Oh silly vocab lists

Something that tends to always try to rear its ugly head in my class are vocabulary lists.

I resist and resist and resist, but this year I am working in a large department (various schools) and they have agreed on some various vocab that should be in common among the different levels.

So for Spanish 2, I find myself doing WHATEVER I can to not let my class be overrun by the common vocabulary activity, but instead to expose my students all semester/year to the words slowly adding in new ones.

I bring this up because one thing I COULD do is teach every single clothing word known to man. But I know that if I do that, I am wasting valuable time on actual class time that could be used for input-based activities.

My compromise is to try and do a "fashion report" every day in Spanish 2 where I just talk about what someone is wearing at random and we can move on with our lives.

It's completely experimental.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment