Friday, October 28, 2016

FLAM / KSWLA presentation: Stay on Target!

So I asked awhile back about people's thoughts on what I should present at FLAM this year. And here is my title, blurb.

Stay on Target! Ten Target Teaching Techniques & Tips
Presenter: Jeremy Jordan, Lee's Summit High School, Lee's Summit, MO
Jeremy Jordan of Lee’s Summit High School explains various techniques that he uses in his classroom to push TL usage to 90% or higher, while still helping class be a fun, positive yet rigorous place to be. Examples will be straight from Spanish class, but will be relevant to any classroom.

Audience: All Language: Presented in English Theme: Best Practices

And I came up with quite a loaded presentation.

If you want to see it, here it is!  I tried to include a lot of activities I use or have used in the past to help push my students to using more TL in the classroom.

Of course, there are so many other things I have found success with, but these are some of the most powerful that I have used that have resonated with my students.

And here are my presentation notes in a convenient PDF for you!

2 comments:

  1. Great presentation! Thanks for sharing the slides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susann! I hope you can find something of use to try out in your classes or inspire you! :-)

      Please let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete