Monday, December 5, 2016

Spanish 2 story idea in the store - Shopping infidelity

So this is based around a gag video you could Movietalk (see below for video).

Because there is so much new vocabulary, I almost want to tell a similar story beforehand.

So here are the structures I am thinking of for class story (in my Spanish 2 vocab unit on every clothing word KNOWN to man).  This one might be a little more structured than others and fewer details added.

  • se prueba
    s/he tries on [clothes]
  • a su novia le parece que
    it seems to his girlfriend that 
  • "no lo/la conozco"
    "I don't know him/her"
extras (if you need them):
  • sale del probador after ____
    s/he comes out of the dressing room and says to him/her
  • escoge
    s/he chooses
  • tiene vergüenza
    s/he is ashamed/embarrassed
*Just make sure that you don't have anymore than 3 new structures per story to keep it focused and repetitive for your classes*

Simple Script:
Juan and his girlfriend are shopping.
He goes into the dressing room to try on [clothing]
He comes out of the dressing room with the [clothing]
It appears to his girlfriend that he is handsome.
Suddenly [----] comes out of the dressing room and says to him, "Call me!"
He says to his girlfriend, 'I don't know him/her!"




Less Simple script (with previously used structures from class stories):
Juan's girlfriend took him to the store to buy [a shirt] for [her birthday party]. They both went to a clothing store that was called [name].

Scene 1:
In [store name], Juan's girlfriend chooses a [---] for him and gives him the [---].

Juan tells her, "I'll be right back" and goes into the dressing room.

He tries on the clothes.

He leaves the dressing room after [minutes, hours, days].

He shows the shirt to his girlfriend.

It seems to her that he is handsome in the shirt.

Suddenly [a girl/elephant/monster] comes out of the dressing room and says to him, ["Thanks for the hugs./ I had fun / Call me. / I like salad.]

He is ashamed and says to his girlfriend, "I don't know her!"

It seems to the girlfriend that he has another girlfriend.  She is furious.



scene 2:
They don't buy the shirt. They leave the store and she takes him to another clothing store that is called [store name].

In [store name], Juan's girlfriend chooses a [---] for him and gives him the [---].

Juan tells her, "I'll be right back" and goes into the dressing room.

He tries on the clothes.

He leaves the dressing room after [minutes, hours, days].

He shows the shirt to his girlfriend.

It seems to her that he is handsome in the shirt.

Suddenly [a girl/elephant/monster] comes out of the dressing room and says to him, ["Thanks for the hugs./ I had fun / Call me. / I like salad.]

He is ashamed and says to his girlfriend, "I don't know her!"

It seems to the girlfriend that he has another girlfriend.  She is furious.


scene 3:
They don't buy the shirt. They leave the store and she takes him to another clothing store that is called [store name].

In [store name], Juan's girlfriend chooses a [---] for him and gives him the [---].

Juan tells her, "I'll be right back" and goes into the dressing room.

He tries on the clothes.

He leaves the dressing room after [minutes, hours, days].

He shows the shirt to his girlfriend.

It seems to her that he is handsome in the shirt.

Suddenly [a girl/elephant/monster] comes out of the dressing room and says to him, ["Thanks for the hugs./ I had fun / Call me. / I like salad.]
**********
Possible endings:
  • He is ashamed and says to his girlfriend, "I know her! She's my wife."
  • It seems to the girlfriend that the girl is pretty. She says to the other girl, "Call me".

I'll tell the story in the past tense and then after doing a reading in the past from the class' stories, we'll do a present tense Movietalk version with this video.



*My vocabulary and structures are still subject to change a little as I tweak it and meet the individual needs of my Spanish 2 classes. but I think this could be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment