Monday, January 7, 2019

Simple story - Plays

Someone asked on the facebook group recently about a story involving plays and sports or activities due to constraints they are in. Here were some ideas I gave:

Idea 1: (3 problems model)

Guide words:

  1. wants to play (with)
  2. goes to talk to
  3. says, "I don't want to play that."

modify guide words as needed

Script:
[Student] wants to play something. They play it really well. They play it [embellish]. There is a problem. They don't want to play alone. They go to talk to [character]. The character isn't playing [sport]. They character is playing [sport 2].


They say, "[insert more dialogue as relevant] I want to play [sport] with you! Do you want to play with me?"

The [character] says, "I don't want to play that. I want to play [sport 2]. Sorry. [embellish as needed]"

[Student] is sad. [Student] is sad because they want to play [sport] with someone else.

[Student] goes to to talk to [character 2]. [Character 2] is playing [something else].

[Student] says to [character 2], "[insert more dialogue as relevant] I want to play [sport] with you! Do you want to play with me?"

[Character 2] says, "I don't want to play that. I want to play [sport 2]. Sorry. [embellish as needed]"

[Student] is sad. [Student] is sad because they want to play [sport] with someone else.

[Student] goes to to talk to [character 3]. [Character 3] is playing [something else].

[Student] says to [character 3], "[insert more dialogue as relevant] I want to play [sport] with you! Do you want to play with me?"

[Character 3] says, "Yes! I want to play that.[embellish as needed]"*

*obviously the class could decide and it could end sadly... or the character says, I don't want to play that with you... I want to play that with you AND with my friend [famous celebrity]. Do you want to play with both of us?"

Idea 2: (3 problems model)

Similar to idea 1 but they can't play what they want because they don't have the right equipment. Or their equipment is broken, etc. Could be a ball. The ball doesn't have any air. So the other characters have the solution (a new ball) or don't.

Idea 3: (3 problems model)

Could make it the opposite where where they live, everyone plays X and they HATE that sport. And they are trying to escape from it. So they go somewhere else where everyone plays Y sport. And finally they get to a place where people play Z sport and they can play it.

Idea 4: 

Someone loves a sport and is playing a sport. They could play it for years. They don't stop for any reason. When someone comes up to them and says something crazy to them. Do they stop playing or do they keep playing? (repeat 2 more times with different characters coming up to them until finally the last character gets them to stop with what they say]

No comments:

Post a Comment