Monday, February 27, 2012

TPRS year 2 - I should have known six years ago

As I slipped in and out of consciousness today with what turned out to be strep throat I thought of my first year teaching how I had the silliest things happening to me. One such occurrence was how I thought that I had contracted rabies and the other entailed a limp I developed after a skateboard incident.

I remember that I decided to tell my Spanish two students the stories behind my ailments in Spanish because they were dying to know. And to see how they had to figure out what I was talking about and yet they didn't give up because it was what I know now to be a compelling story. I'm so glad I switched over to storytelling almost every day so my students can work their brains and work on decoding the message I give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment